Tuesday 23 October 2012

Animal Antics!

Hello, and welcome!

Don't lean in too close......I'm breeding yukkie germs!  Sore throat, muzzy head, chills and high-ish temperature.....want me to share?  Also, both my  legs have been itching like mad since Sunday.....that's when the yukkie germs decided to settle in.....perhaps just a coincidence, but I just may have something very rare...hahaaa!  Oooohhh...hurts to laugh........

Enough mardy from me (Lancashire term...Google it!), and it's on to this week's challenge at
and the fun theme this week is

ANIMALS

We are looking forward to seeing what you can come up, for this theme.....don't forget we are a CARD challenge and we have a TWIST......the twist is to include a scripture or uplifting sentiment, either on the front of your card, or inside.

We love having BUGABOO as our sponsor....I think they must a digi stamp to cover almost anything, haa.....and, as always they are offering that magic 7 digi stamps to our randomly chosen winner!


But, you gotta be in it to win it, right?

I happen to know a little girl who is coming up to her 5th birthday (not one of mine, this time..heehee) and she absolutely adores Unicorns.....alright, maybe they aren't real animals.....but maybe they should be....everybody needs a little MAGIC in their life, especially when they are 5 years old....so, here's my card.......

I used the delightful Unicorn which you will find by clicking the link.  I started with a white card base and layered some Nitwits papers.......

I glammed her up a little with white Jones Tones glitter, and coloured up with Promarkers and Spectrum Noir....the latter has a nicer, and larger, range of pinks and purples, I have found.......this little darlin' was a pleasure to  colour, anyway.  The pretty flower wreath is from  Memory Box and I used some lovely glittery yellow  card that I've had for ages....just a few flat-backed pearls to set it off, nicely.....

I edged this sentiment (Craftwork Cards) with a little pink ink.......

Can't have a girlie creation with a flower, can we?.......these are from my stash, with another pearl in the centre....note to self:  wait for glue to dry before taking photo!

I cut two corners with a Martha Stewart punch, and the bottom border is cut with the matching larger border punch....more pearlies!

You may have noticed....or not, haaa....that I don't have a scripture or up-lifting message on here.......and that would be because I forgot......aaahhhhhh!  I did go back and add one to the inside, the day after, but no photo.....you'll have to trust me....hahaaa!
I did actually find a scripture that mentions unicorns skipping like calves (Psalm 29:6 KJV), but the message I left inside just mentions  that the little girl in question has beautiful blonde hair, just like this pretty unicorn.

Now, you need to go take a look at all the animal wonders that our Design Team came up with.....they are amazing!

hugs,
Anne-Marie x

Challenges:

8 comments:

  1. I always thought Mardy was a Yorkshire term ???Sorry you are under the weather lets hope it goes soon.....Love your gorgeous card and the adorable Unicorn.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ,I'm sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, I hope you feel better soon.
    Your card is gorgeous. I love the image and pretty colours and your beautiful detailing.

    Take care
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're not well!!! Get well soon!!
    Beautiful card!! I'm sure the little girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!
    Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty and cute! That is one perfect design and I know I'd love to get that card if I was 5 too!! Your papers and coloring really make that card pop!
    I hope you get better soon :)

    Thank you for playing along with Flourishes Timeless Tuesday "Birthday" Challenge!!

    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical! What a wonderful sparkley wreath round the unicorn. Great card overall, but whats new?! :)
    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling much better very soon! Being sick is the pits, especially when you want to be crafty!!

    Your card is super girly and so sweet! Love all of the sparkly goodness and pearls!!

    I googled mardy and found this...
    Grumpy. Surly. Like a moaning child who doesn't get his way.

    Surely not you?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card for a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete