Wednesday 21 November 2012

Cuddle Bug Cutie!

Hi, and welcome!

Only 4 more Saturdays to go before CHRISTMAS!   Just sayin'....hahaaaa.........

I really hope you are having a good week.....I lost another 6 lbs. when I went for my weigh-in, so this is a really good week, and I can actually fit comfortably into the new jeans I bought a couple of weeks ago....woohoo!

While you're here, I'd like to give a little shout-out for a lovely new-to-me crafting blog that I recently came across......http://cannycrafter.blogspot.co.uk/ ....where you will find Caroline who is on track for her amazing Christmas Countdown.....she's already on Project #21 and has some really  fun ideas....please do check her out, and tell her I sent you!

We've already entered the time of year when it seems to be one birthday after another.....sheesh!......and today's card was for one of our granddaughters birthdays.......Taylor just turned 9 years old, and what a sweetheart she is.....and yep....I'm biased...hahaa.......

Taylor loves all things PINK so this was easy........
I used one of Anna's very pretty images from Cuddlebug Cuties .....she really does draw the prettiest girlies......

A white deckled-edge card blank, layered with Nitwits papers.....yellow and pink, lovely!

 Is she pretty or what?  The frame is cut from more Nitwits with a Nestie's scalloped oval...........
I cut a lovely Spellbinders shape from kraft card,  then topped it with a freebie sentiment, coloured with a Promarker.......

Three sweet buttons with a little button twine (I got a bundle of this from the Ribbon Reel).....

Sweet sentiment from Cuddly Buddly printed onto kraft.......and can you see the yummy washi-type tape?

Taylor really liked her little card.....her hair is very similar, so that made her smile.....result!

Before I go, I'd like to say a warm HELLO to my new Followers......I'm so glad you joined us........YVONNE......I tried to leave a comment on your pretty blog, but it was returned to me, saying it was a Comment Failure, so will try again, soon.

hugs,
Anne-Marie x

Challenges:
http://flourishes.org/2012/11/timeless-tuesday-196/  Something that makes you HAPPY (always makes me happy to make a card for one of my adorable grandkiddles!)
http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.ca/  Birthdays and Three (I used 3 buttons)
http://little-applefalls.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/cuddle-bug-cutie.html  Use 2 or more papers (I have 3 including the frame)







17 comments:

  1. Hello Anne-Marie
    Your card is gorgeous. I love the cute image and the pretty colours. I'm not surprised Taylor loved it too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne-Marie, finally finding a bit of time to get around to some blogs again, No.... not 4 weeks to Christmas, our eldest daughter is getting married on the 8th Dec and we are concentrating on that at the moment. Your card is just gorgeous and your family are so lucky to have special handmade cards, The image is a cutie and love all the extra details you add.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne-Marie - fingers in ears, whistling very loudly here - not acknowledging Christmas at all yet! Plenty of time to panic in a week or two!!

    Fabulous card, such a sweet image and a great layout. Wonderful colours as well, not surprised your granddaughter loved it.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card,what a great image.Love the buttons too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne-Marie for dropping by my blog so regularly and leaving such lovely comments. I cant believe I only have two more projects to do until this year's countdown is over!! Happy Christmas crafting! Caroline (cannycrafter)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card... Love the colours & design.. what a cute image... Just lovely! WOW...Congrats on your weight loss well done you!! Hugs May x x x Thank you for the link to the canny crafter!! fabulous blog x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB card, girly. I know Taylor just loved it -- especially since it is from Grams, of course (smile)! You did a wonderful job. Congrats on losing another six pounds. You are doing a fantastic job -- just don't be eating too many pies, cakes and biscuits during the holidays (I know, I just HAD to bring that up, didn't I?? -- well, you are the one who keeps reminding us Christmas is getting close!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! I can't believe it's so close to Christmas...and my goodie trays have to be finished nearly 4 days earlier this year - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card love your colouring and your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card,beautifully coloured and designed. Thank you for joining us this week for our Birthday Celebration at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo cute!! I'm sure your GD will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card I love the sweet colours, thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck!!

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card and I just love how you colored in your main image, she looks fabulous! The row of buttons looks wonderful too! Thank you for joining in on the Fab 'n Funky Birthday Celebration Challenge this week! I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Fab 'n Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, love the backing paper. Such a change from Christmas cards and Christmas colours. Yes I know sacrilege to your ears but I am trying to make mine at the moment but am facing blank walls in every direction. {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card! It's so cute. You make the most awesome crafts! And I love those buttons. I love the whole card, it looks fantastic.
    Big Hugs

    PS: Congrats on the 6 pounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so super sweet! You did an amazing job coloring her and I love the deckle edge on the card base!
    Congrats on your weight loss too! No easy feat any time, but especially this time of year!

    ReplyDelete